Saturday, September 29, 2007

A strange disease may be in my future


Something interesting about me, I like to chew on pens. I've found that it doesn't matter whose pen it is, I'll chew on it if it is in my possession. This may be annoying to friends that don't like their pens chewed up as I've found out. A couple days ago I got off work and was heading to the T to go pick up my car from its inspection. I absolutely love doing sudoku on the train because it keeps my mind working and helps me become more logical. I realized, however, halfway to the T-stop that I didn't have a pen on me. Not willing to walk all the way back to my work area, I decided I'd scour the streets on my way over for a lost pen. I finally found one (a black papermate) just as I was nearing my stop. I made a mental note, 'You don't know where this pen has been so don't chew on it.' By the way, that was a great sudoku day as I completed all three levels in the Boston Now. Later that evening, to my dismay, I noticed that I was putting this new one in my mouth. I had to back up, put another one in my mouth, and inwardly rebuke myself for a lack of foresight. In that moment, I kind of felt like a baby. Babies always put things in their mouth without thinking where they have been. Maybe I should grow out of this habit of chewing on any available pen, or I'll get werewolf syndrome or something.

1 comment:

Linda said...

when i was little my dad wanted me to stop sucking my thumb and bought some "poison" (we liked to call it) to put on my thumb. When i'd put my thumb in my mouth it would burn and just be really awful. I'm not sure if that's what made me stop but hey--put it on your pens. Especially the ones you find in the street.