Thursday, September 27, 2007

I like 'em all dang it

Last night as I was watching the Democratic debates, I couldn't help but have the utmost respect for each of the candidates especially the front-runners Barack Obama, John Edwards, and Hillary Clinton. These are individuals who have gone through a lot in their lives to get to where they are in life right now. I like John Edwards because he is just so darn upfront and honest about himself. He also has that Southern accent going on. Barack has such a professional voice. He comes across as educated just by talking. Hillary Clinton is really intelligent. I can also tell that she used to be cute. Do I agree with all of their policies? Certainly not. But could I see myself living in a country run by one of these three candidates? Yes. Does that mean that the country is going to be more vulnerable to terrorist attacks? Probably. Is our economic system going to more closely resemble France after the next four years? Perhaps. But I like each of these candidates and I've noticed something very interesting about human interpersonal relationships: when you like someone, you're willing to overlook a lot.

3 comments:

Heidi said...

Good luck this weekend!

UtahValleyFun said...

Trentathon, as you pointed out, all of these Democratic candidates are good people. They probably all want to do good and give back to the community. But just because they are good people doesn't mean that they would lead our country in the right direction (as you pointed out). I guess my point is there is a never ending supply of good-intentioned bad politicians and so it is in our best interest to not encourage these ones but get the smartest ones into office!

trentathon said...

Mitt Romney all the way!