Monday, September 17, 2007

If you're gonna do it, you should probably do it right

The countdown until when I'm supposed to take the test is 12 days, but I have felt that instead of going into panic mode like I am prone to do, I am actually feeling pretty good with myself. "Why?" one may respectfully and honestly ask. Well, I just barely came to a sudden and startling realization: I am woefully and dreadfully ill-prepared for the LSAT. It was an interesting moment that I just barely had as I was finishing up my speed-reading drills. Keep in mind that this was also after taking a practice LSAT this morning and not doing that well on the said test. I began realistically thinking to myself, "Trent, you probably won't do that well come Sept. 29th. There is a chance that you might get lucky, but come on and let's face it. For as big a thing as this is for you, do you really want to leave it up to chance? You might as well push the test to December and that way you can prepare yourself more." Rather than having a spirit of defeat or pessimism, I feel a renewed sense of hope and purpose. Just a side note of background information. The Law School Admission Test is an interesting exam in that it covers enough material to stretch anyone thin thin thin. You can effectively study for one section, such as the logical reasoning, and think to yourself that you have the concepts down. Then, while taking a practice test, you find another section bites you in the butt. The process can continue over and over. I have mixed feelings right now as I think about putting this test off for 2 more months. On the one hand I really want it to be over with. But on the other hand, I really want to do it right. There are so many practice problems for me to conquer and so much room for improvement in my reading comprehension. I can't wait for the fun to continue! December 1st is the new destination date and I am going to rock this test!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Does this mean what I think it means? That you are not taking the test in October on Sept. 29th? Trentsat for two more months. Now you can enjoy any vacay time you have in Septemeber right?

Rachel said...

you are going to rock, rock, rock (pause) rock it inside out!!

Unknown said...

What? I am abandoned... sigh. All I have to say is, smart man...

trentathon said...

wow rachel, was that a chearleading slogan or something?