Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Listen to your heart

I read the book the Alchemist a couple months ago. In case you haven't read this book, the message that it drives home is that you should be in tune with your heart and it will tell you what you should do. As I was reading the book, I realized how in certain moments in my life I have done certain things because I was following my heart. And while I can't say that I've found my personal legend yet, it's interesting to see where I've come so far in my journey. But that is another story. The point that I was trying to get at was this: I believe that my heart just told me to stop speed-reading. Yep, just flat out stop. How did it tell me that? It gave me a very lazy feeling, sapped all the motivation out of me, enlightened me with other things I can be doing with my time, and directed me to this wikipedia entry which rags on the comprehension of speed-readers. Because I'm obedient, I'm going to comply to my hearts wishes. Maybe another time in the future when the timing is better I will pick up this skill. But for now, on to continue my personal legend quest!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

And after all that hype you gave it. I'm not checking out any books from my library now.

I'm sure your practice so far will be put to good use.

trentathon said...

sorry taryn, my bad. maybe though your heart is still up for the challenge. my practice has already more than doubled my rate, you're right.

Mike & Kristy said...

I've never read the Alchemist, but you should check out Warrior of the Light by the same author. Mucho insightful.