Friday, December 14, 2007

A source of opposition in all things

Women are like a double-edged sword. When you hew this figurative sword in the right direction, they make life for you so amazing. (And when I say 'they' I of course mean women and when I say 'you' I mean me.) You can enjoy their companionship, feel inspired to be a better person, and have great conversations with them. The truth that 'it is not good for man to be alone' becomes a reality. However, women can also be a source of much frustration and grief. I guess this goes to show that in order to taste the sweet, one must inevitably partake of the bitter. But partaking of too much bitter is a bad idea as it leads to a preoccupation with negative thoughts. Speaking of negative thoughts, I would like to start avoiding them to the extent possible. Psychologists have determined through experimentation that the average individual thinks about 15,000 thoughts a day. If you are a deep thinker, this number can reach upwards of 50,000 thoughts! The interesting thing about thoughts is that a majority of thoughts that we entertain are negative. Now I'd like to think that I'm an optimistic person, but we're still talking about thousands of negative thoughts every single day! I doubt that such negative thoughts are helping me out very much, so I am going to start thinking positively. Girls are amazing!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Yes we are

Unknown said...

One thought I had: How do we measure a thought? If there is a stream of consciousness where does one thought begin and the other end? And how does a scientist measure how many one has in a day. Tally marks?
Maybe that was more than one thought- I'm not really sure.
And thank you- for the amazing compliment.