Monday, August 18, 2008

My new place of residence

I rarely post pictures of myself on my blog, but today I must make an exception. See, I now live in a fairly remote area - Concord, New Hampshire. I have low expectations that friends and family will come and visit me, so I've decided to take you all on a virtual tour.

First off, check out all the movies that I will not be watching this year.


Movies is not the only thing that my new roommate has a lot of.



Walmart has been crucial in my quest to furnish my apartment. If you look closely, you will notice something very special about New Hampshire - no sales tax.


Next is the bedroom. Here is my queen-sized bed. I reasoned that I've been sleeping on ghetto twin-sized beds for too long and it was time for me to upgrade.

This behemoth of a bookcase I got on Craigslist for free. Amy helped me carry it down the four flights of stairs and into the car. It must have been a FUNNY sight to see a little Civic cruising down the highway with a seven-foot bookshelf hanging out the rear window.

I put this desk together from Walmart scratch and felt like a true handyman doing it. With my new desk and desktop computer, I am content.

There you have it, my apartment. And here is a picture of the beautiful outdoors.

5 comments:

Linda said...

i've been to visit friends in new hampshire before. I don't think it's OUT of the question. Where is concord? anywhere near Portsmouth? I like that town!

Unknown said...

Trent:
1) I love the pictures
2) I love that you don't even mention that you have a Christmas stocking as decoration, like that's a totally normal thing (I'm pretty sure that's why we're friends.)
3) My blog tells me this post is a day old...
4) I am expecting something fully baked (in a good way) on here, I plan on leaving a really long comment.

Unknown said...

Although I'm sure I would have thought it was very funny to see you driving down the highway wth that bookcase hanging out of the Trentmobile, it would have been even more funny if you would have had the bookshelf on your lap while driving a motorcycle. It's too bad those days are over.

Amy said...

Thanks for the shout out, Trent...although I do protest a bit! "Some" of the loading? I think I helped with *all* the loading. Maybe not the *unloading* but hey...you never asked!

trentathon said...

It's true Linda that it isn't too far out of the way for Bostonians. I only said that I have low expectations which clears the ground for happiness.
Renny, I had this stocking hanging in my old room all year around too for some reason. My motto is this: if it can make your room come alive by hanging it on your wall, hang it on your wall.
Taryn, I would have died had I attempted to put that beastly bookcase on my motorcycle.
Amy, you're right and the changes have been made. But would you have really helped me unload it too had I asked?