Wednesday, August 20, 2008

ENTP

I am in my second day of orientation right now. I am really glad I brought my laptop because today is BORING. Why? Because I am not going to sexually harass others, I'm not planning on engaging in illegal activities while ridiculously drunk, I'm not going to plagiarize, and finally I am not so much a fan of personality tests. I just took the Meyers-Briggs indicator test. The problem I have with this test is that a lot of the questions are really arbitrary, you would need to think about each question for a long time to get an accurate answer. Instead, we think to a limited amount of experiences, which may depend on our mood, and may not accurately summarize our personalities. Then, when you read the explanation of what your code means, the words bring to your recollection memories that reinforce the analysis and you are so impressed at how accurate this personality test explains you. Okay, maybe I am exaggerating my feelings just a tad.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you have chosen not to do those things. Additionally, I seriously can't stand personality tests, they drive me crazy. Whatever you do after that people try to fit into the mold of your "personality." Lame.

Anonymous said...

I actually really like the Myers-Briggs descriptions - maybe because I'm such an ISFJ and we like things like that (I honestly do fit the ISFJ profile almost perfectly) (we're diametrical opposites, Trentathon!). So of course you don't like the test. You're an ENTP. :-)

michelle said...

I'm ESTJ. That's right: unfeeling, unintuitive...basically heartless.

trentathon said...

I know Renny. You're totally right, some people do take it too far.
I guess the test can be pretty good if you are an accurate personality test-taker and not very borderline on any of the questions.
Well according to my analysis, michelle, this is the perfect type for business: practical, realistic, matter of fact, decisive, quick to move to implement decisions, organize projects and people to get things done, focus on getting results in the most efficient way possible. Need I go on?

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a laptop at work too. I think when I have my orientation I will not be allowed to have one. I will also not be allowed to have a phone, or an ipod, and will probably have my memory erased. They may also take my personality, so those tests would be irrelevant.