Monday, January 21, 2008

A very funny moment

Mark Pickering and I drove together to FHE tonight. Because he lives close by, it was no big deal for me. The drive over there was interesting. One thing you'll have to know about Mark is that he is interesting. After finishing his JD at the University of Chicago, he decided law wasn't for him and that he wanted to pursue a PhD in Philosophy. His wide range of knowledge always makes for interesting conversations. Don't ask me how, but our conversation quickly became an analysis of homosexuality among the ancient Greeks. I will spare you by not going into too much detail, but suffice it to say that I learned a few new things today. After a fun evening at the first counselor's home, we headed back to Brookline in the Trentmobile. This time the topic of conversation was different, nothing related to the gay topic we had going on earlier. The funniest thing happened as I was approaching his house to drop him off. Keep in mind that I didn't know exactly which street he lived on as he usually walks over to and from my house for rides. Today was especially chilly so I wanted to drop him off. As we neared Brook St. where my house was to the left, I slowed almost to a stop. I knew that I either needed to go straight or turn right to get to his house. I asked, "Are you straight?" He, obviously seeing that I was trying to make advances on him, replied without hesitation, "Yes I'm straight, you're not taking me home with you."

5 comments:

the skiz said...

only in boston...that's all i have to say!

P.S. i thought you SOLD the trentmobile!?! man...we really have been lost from each other's lives! :(

Unknown said...

Yeah, how is that "selling of the Trentmobile" going these days?

Rich said...

Hahahahahahahahaha
That's awesome!

trentathon said...

The selling of my car has been postponed until further notice.

Hayley said...

Ah, you are still in denial i see.