Thursday, January 10, 2008

News of some sort awaits me

I've received a lot of emails and letters throughout my 25 years of life, but never have I been as excited to receive them as I am right now. I check my email at a ridiculous level of frequency. When I see that my I've got a new email, my heart jumps with anticipation (just a little bit). Already, five law schools have received my application and are going through the acceptance/rejecting process. The truth is that I'm going to find out the results of all these applications within a few months, so I probably shouldn't let it occupy my mental faculties. But you'll have to understand that my mind doesn't think logically like that. I like to know for myself the results of my performance whether it be fortunate or unfortunate. When I go bowling, and it looks like the ball is going gutter, I still keep my eyes fastened on the ball until it whizzes by all the pins. In college I would check Route Y on a daily basis after finals were over to see if new grades had been submitted. I would like to someday go to a psychotherapist and have her sit down with me and explain why I do certain things. I feel it would be interesting to probe somewhat into what makes me, me. I heard that some medical insurances cover such therapy. In the meantime, I'm going to keep on checking my email and mail for some sort of noteworthy news.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I could start sending you more emails... but none of them would tell you what law schools are accepting you.
Do you also check your blog comments with the same frequency?

trentathon said...

My blog comments are emailed to me as well. (I've got a whole bunch of reasons to be excited about emails)

aneiss said...

I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that used to check for updated grade postings. (2 often more times daily)

the skiz said...

while you wait, read this.

http://www.boston.com/news/daily/09/odds_crate.htm

my sister-in-law told me about this tonight and i was busting up laughing. to think he actually arrived at his parents' doorstep!