Friday, January 11, 2008

Britney Spears is not my hero

I'm going to divulge some information about myself that not a lot of people know. I like keeping up on celebrities. I have a People gadget on my iGoogle homepage which lets me know the happenings of the rich and the famous. One thing that I do not like following is the recent Britney Spears news frenzy. The whole thing, from the custody battle to the recent Dr. Phil estrangement, is not funny, cool, or interesting to me in the slightest. When I think of Britney, I just get a bad feeling in my stomach. Speaking of bad feelings in stomachs, I once went on a really awkward date (I'm talking about the cream of the crop for me). Before it all began, I had one of those bad feelings in my gut. This date was actually not too long ago (last May) and it was actually not a date technically, but maybe it was. It depends on who you ask I guess.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I love that you keep up on celebrities. I didn't know that about you and it kind of raises your already high place on my favorites scale.

Are you going to tell the rest of the date story?

Amy said...

you and your celebrity interest huh? never would have guessed.

Whits said...

I totally agree. I keep up on celebrity gossip but can't stand the brit drama. I just hate her.

Unknown said...

I enjoyed this stream of conscious post, from Britney Spears to a bad date... was the girl's name Britney, that could maybe have been a telling sign...

Hayley said...

did you go on a date with Han Solo?

trentathon said...

Taryn, I'm glad my status is elevated on your favorites scale. I will tell the story soon...
Amy, why wouldn't you have guessed? Do I give off uncool vibes?
Whit, hate is a strong word.
Lindsey, I'm glad that you appreciate my advanced writing techniques. The girl's name was Ashli.
Hayley, I don't know how familiar you are with Star Wars, but when this picture was taken of Han, he says to Chewey, 'I have a bad feeling about this.' Most likely, he had a bad feeling in his stomach just like I did. That is why the picture is there.