Sunday, March 16, 2008

Mastermind - A Powerful Concept

In the book Law of Success, Napoleon Hill talks about the concept of creating a 'Master Mind'. Allow Napoleon to explain what a Master Mind is. "A Master Mind may be created through the bringing together or blending, in a spirit of perfect harmony, of two or more minds. Out of this harmonious blending, the chemistry of the mind creates a third mind which may be appropriated and used by one or all of the individual minds." He then focuses the remainder of the book in showing how a Master Mind approach can help achieve goals-whatever they may be. He supports this conclusion mostly with examples from business successes in the early 20th century. But lately I have found that this concept applies in the 21st century as well. My cousin came to visit me from DC, and we actually started talking about John the Baptist around 11:30 PM. This topic quickly turned into how to better pray, study the scriptures, and keep the commandments. I did not expect to be so spiritually uplifted on a Saturday night. But it reinforced the Master Mind concept that when two or more minds come together, something greater than the individual minds is possible. Anyone up for creating a Master Mind?

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Have you ever played hte game "Master Mind"? The one with the little pegs that you have to use elimination strategy to figure out. It was a favorite of my sister's groing up, so we played a lot. It's a good one. Check it out.

Unknown said...

Hey I've played that game! We used to play it all the time on Sundays after church when I was little, such good times.

Rich said...

Trent,
I believe we have been doing this for years and hopefully years to come!

Katie said...

Trent, I'm not even sure I know you, but I stumbled upon your blog as a friend-of-a-friend-of-a-friend or something like that. Anyway thanks for making me aware of this new term (Mastermind). I've observed this phenomenon and never had a good way to describe it.