Friday, November 30, 2007

I'm bored right now

I took the day off today largely so that I could clear my mind for tomorrow's exam. A lot about where I will be going to law school for the next year is going to be dependent upon how well I do tomorrow. (Not to put any additional pressure upon myself or anything.) So I spent the majority of the day getting ready for tomorrow. I charted my course to BU. I redeemed a free Qdoba entree coupon which made for quite the delicious lunch. Try the pork quesedilla if you have a Qdoba in your area, it's AMAZING. Then I gathered supplies. LSAC is downright stringent about what you can and cannot bring to the test. I have a zip-lock bag full of all the allowable goods. I have 6 sharpened pencils and a pencil sharpener included. I'm amazed I'm being so prepared. And now I'm all done with my preparations. LSAT here I come. Speaking of law, when I was in high school I used to read John Grisham books. If you're not familiar with the said author, he writes novels about lawyers. Apparently he can legitimately do so since he used to be a lawyer. Anyway, in one of the books I remember reading about a group of lawyers going out to lunch and paying $30. Back then I thought to myself that paying $30 per person for lunch was ridiculous. If I paid $5 for lunch, that was a lot. Well, last week our lab went out to a Brazilian BBQ buffet place, where they bring around all these meats. Don't ask me how, but I ended up walking out of that place having dropped $30. I had a bad feeling in my stomach (not from the inordinate amount of meats I ate, that feeling was to come the next day) because I felt like I could have eaten my peanut butter and jam sandwiches instead and saved myself $28.70. But it was good to bond with the lab members a little bit more. There are always advantages and disadvantages of doing things. Well, I'm going to take the rest of the evening off of difficult and mind-straining activities. Not that this activity is difficult or mind-straining by any stretch of the imagination, I meant after I finish this post. I figure that if I scratch my brain's back, tomorrow morning at 9AM, he'll scratch mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Where IS your brain's back located anyway?