Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I know the meaning of life

I love thinking through difficult and controversial issues especially from a religious standpoint. Strangely enough, I have been thinking about the topic of homosexuality as of late. Maybe this is due to recently moving to the only state in the United States that legally performs same-sex marriages, or because of my interest in biology, but I find the topic very interesting. By thinking through this topic, I feel more confident reconciling this topic with my faith. But I have also found that the topic of homosexuality has a deep underlying issue that pretty much encompasses the meaning of life. Now I'm not going to claim that I know everything about life. (That would be silly to claim as life is very complex.) However, I have a ballpark idea of what this life is all about and I can think through many of the weird nuances of life so they at least make a decent amount of sense to me. I was listening to an NPR program about transsexuals the other day and it was quite interesting hearing their perspective. I thought to myself, "I would really be confused if I didn't understand the meaning of life."

3 comments:

Lauren said...

I think a good product would be "Baby Duck Hat". It's a fake baby duck, which you strap on top of your head. Then you go swimming underwater until you find a mommy duck and her babies, and you join them. Then, all of a sudden, you stand up out of the water and roar like Godzilla. Man, those ducks really take off! Also, Baby Duck Hat is good for parties.

trentathon said...

Sorry Lauren, but I don't think this has anything to do with the topic.

Lauren said...

ok you are right. i must have been stoned when i wrote that. but isn't it stinkin hilarious? i love jack handy quotes. it must have felt right at the time.