Thursday, April 03, 2008

Some geese are not nice

For those of you who don't know, I am training for a May half-marathon. I recently bought a nice running watch, and have dedicated 6:30 - 7:30 every morning to running. This morning, I probably looked quite ridiculous. Let me explain:
I was running along Riverway and started approaching two geese. I thought nothing of it since I pass geese all the time. All of the sudden, one of the geese started flying towards me with his beak gaping open. I was stunned, not knowing what to do. The goose proceeded to fly slowly and directly towards my face. I stopped dead in my tracks and became SCARED. As my nemesis approached even closer, I behaved instinctually, not having any time to think things through: I cowered in the face of this bird. Seeing my submission, the goose called off his attack. After somewhat recovering from my spell of terror, I kind of laughed and continued on with my run. Thinking back to the experience, I can just imagine how much entertainment that must have provided someone driving by at that moment.

5 comments:

NatAttack said...

Trent--in my opinion, NO geese are nice. I hate them so much! What a tragic story; I probably would have had to spend the day in bed recovering.

trentathon said...

I am glad we are both on the same page Nat.

Rich said...

Hahahahaha, this is why I love you bro, I can picture this in my mind perfectly since I frequently scared you and loved seeing your face!

the skiz said...

That would be entertainment I'd pay to see. Wanna do it again?

And it's good to hear you're doing the half. Go Trent!

trentathon said...

Rich- I didn't like you and your fear tactics.
Shauna- Are you going to run it too??