Monday, February 04, 2008

Sometimes you just want a corndog

It is completely natural that different areas of the world have different types of food. I experienced this firsthand on my flight to Russia as a missionary. The German stewardess could hardly understand my request for some root beer. She finally seemed to have understood what I was asking for and returned with a beer. The point being that as no one outside the United States finds root beer particularly tasty, they therefore don't sell it. I have been living in Boston for 9 months now and have still not been able to find corndogs. I'm talking specifically about the frozen style that are sold in boxes and practically ubiquitous in Utah. I ate them as a staple in Provo, not because they were good, but because they were easy to make and let me periodically spice up my boring diet. When discussing such a seemingly American food item as the corndog, the question begs to be answered why one area of the United States would choose not to sell it. Has Boston transcended the unhealthiness of American society even as they are on the forefront of change in many other social issues? A look at many of the food items sold at grocery stores causes me to doubt this is the case. Are there outlets where corndogs can be purchased that I am simply unaware of? If so, please let me know.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I drove past an accident the other day. I stopped because I knew I was the ONLY ONE that could really help. You see, I am a scientologist.
Turns out the accident was between a car and a large truck full of corndogs. I'll send those to you soon.

And does Boston have cinnamon candy? 'Cause that's what Indiana lacks. Cinnamon bears.

yours truly said...

oh my gosh! My sister and I have been on the hunt for corndogs for about the last month and we can't find them either! I have this memory of getting some while in boston, but I don't remember where. maybe the stop and shop on harvard street by my old place. I'll have to check it out and see. but yeah, we can't find them either. thought it was bad luck, but now that you mention it...

Hayley said...

Oh how I miss corn dogs. They dont have them here in the UK.

Unknown said...

I personally am not a fan of corn dogs. They make me sick. But if you really want one, you should make one yourself. Also, it seems that if they don't exist in Boston you'd have the corner on the market...

Rich said...

Are you kidding me?!!! No corndogs in Boston, that settles it I'm never coming to visit you! It's kind of ironic cause I just had two corndogs for lunch, sorry my friend...